B&G V100 Modular VHF System
The VHF V100 series is a high-quality, multi-station, black box VHF DSC radio designed for large vessels with integrated systems. System installation is seamless, thanks to the hidden processor unit and wireless handset options, so users can enjoy the freedom of having a VHF on hand anywhere on the boat.
• VHF radio with DSC approval, class D
• Built-in GPS receiver
• Connects up to four cordless and four wired handsets
• Add an optional siren and up to four external speakers
• NMEA 0183® and NMEA 2000® connectivity
• Rewind the latest 60 seconds of audio
• Configurable external speakers with volume compensation
• Handset backlighting can be grouped into NMEA 2000® backlight sets, allowing backlighting of all MFD and VHF radios to be dimmed at the same time
• Track Buddy: performs track up to five “friends” using your VHF MMSI
In addition, for the V100-B:
• Built-in class B AIS transmitter and receiver
• GPS-500 receiver included, special for AIS transmission
Full integration and customization
The modular system design includes an integrated GPS receiver and the ability to configure up to 4 wired and 4 cordless handsets. Other options include megaphone and siren for up to 4 configurable external speakers, and AIS with silent switching, which can be used as an intercom or VHF. With NMEA 2000® communications fully integrated into the system, we can offer you maximum flexibility. The handset backlight can be grouped throughout the system, and the NMEA 0183 options also allow third-party systems to be integrated.
Full visibility with AIS built into the V100-B
The VHF V100-B also features a Class B AIS receiver and transmitter, allowing users to both see and be seen by other AIS-equipped vessels. The built-in AIS receiver is helpful in avoiding collisions in busy ports and waterways. It monitors the location of all nearby AIS-equipped vessels, providing real-time information in all weather conditions, both night and day. AIS information can be viewed directly on the radio screen or through a compatible multifunction device, overlaid on the chart or radar screen.
Designed for clear communication
The DSC Class D approved radio can receive distress signals, indicating the position at a specific time, via DSC and allows direct calls to other radios with DSC functions. The two-channel watchdog function allows you to monitor both the channel you are on and the emergency channel. The record and playback function ensures that important calls are never missed. The system includes an external speaker with additional outputs for up to four speakers and a siren or foghorn. The integrated system can also be used as an intercom system ensuring easy communication with the crew, which is ideal for large vessels or in bad weather conditions.